Welcome to Hammond High Magnet School learning commons! We have over 10,000 titles (books and ebooks), seating for 80, 3 computer labs, and a wide variety of resources available for student and teacher use. The library at HHMS is a collaborative space that encourages students and teachers to work together to create and build knowledge.
Librarian/Media Specialist, Webmaster, PR Coordinator, Yearbook Advisor: Ms. Joan Costanza
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday 7:10 am -3:00 pm
Rules for the Library
- Food and beverages (including water bottles) are NOT allowed in the library. Students must place all food and containers securely in their bags. Due to Covid-19 and the need for increased cleaning needs, teachers will not be allowed to bring food and/or beverages into the library.
- Cell phones are not allowed in the library at any time. Students will be required to leave if they are caught with a cell phone.
- Bookbags must be placed on the floor, under your chair or on one of the designated shelves. Bookbags may NOT be placed on your lap or on top of tables.
- Students must wear their ID in order to enter the library.
- Students are welcome to visit the library before school, during lunch, and 30 minutes after school.
- Students are allowed to visit the library during class time to check out books. However, students are only allowed a 15 minute visit and must have a pass from the teacher. Teachers MUST clear visits PRIOR to sending students.
- Teachers may NOT send students to the library to work on assignments without PRIOR arrangements and approval.
- Black ink: 5 cents per page (including all teacher notes, assignments, etc).
- Color ink: 25 cents per page (including all teacher notes, assignments, etc).
Individual help with an assignment:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a conference and/or appointment.
- The library is available for meetings and activities after school. However, an adult sponsor must be present.